Open call! Opportunità di SVE in Danimarca dal 1 Settembre 2018 al 1 Agosto 2019. Il progetto sarà presentato alla prossima scadenza.
The volunteer will be part of the Administration and Service team in the office which consists of six staff members.
He/she will also be a member of the volunteer committee which is in charge of planning and implementing of camps for AFS school program participants, conducting information meetings for potential applicants, organizing presentations at educational institutions, etc.
He/she will job-shadow both key staff members and volunteers to get an in-depth understanding of the way AFS Interkultur is organizing its activities in Denmark.
The main tasks include:
- being the liaison between the AFS-office staff and the national AFS-volunteers, helping them recruit new volunteers, preparing orientations for Danish and foreign participants etc. This will give him/her a thorough knowledge and experience in how to work with volunteers in a volunteer-driven organization.
- taking part in the weekly evening meetings of the volunteer committee.
- being directly involved in the implementation of meetings and orientations as co-facilitator. This will enable him/her to get a hands-on experience in the running of volunteer youth activities. Among other topics the trainings will be about teambuilding, cultural encounters and conflict resolution.
- being trained and work on programmatic and administrative issues linked to AFS youth exchange and voluntary service programmes such as: public relations, quality assurance, project management, networking and partnership building, etc. The volunteer’s learning process in the above fields will be supported by on-the-job training whenever needed, structured and informal discussions as well as regular planning and sum-up meetings.
The volunteer will have access to and will work with publications and on-line information about different types of youth and voluntary service programmes and implementation guidelines, which will enable him/her to gain knowledge about such programmes and the issues at stake when implementing international youth exchange and voluntary service programmes.
The ideal volunteer should have experience with or education within:
- Organizational Development and volunteer engagement.
- Social medias – how to communicate to the target group through medias such as facebook, You-tube, etc.
- Ideally experience as a volunteer in a volunteer-driven organization
A good command of English as well as PC literacy (Word, Excel) are essential.
We prefer a motivating person who enjoys speaking in front of a crowd and who is motivated to work in a dynamic intercultural atmosphere. He/she should be prepared to work also in the evenings and weekends. The volunteer should also be diligent and reliable and willing to work overtime in peak seasons.
It is crucial that the volunteer is motivated to live with a Danish host family and take an active part in the family life. This might also mean that there will be some commuting between home and office.
Naturally it will be an advantage if the volunteer has experience working in volunteer-drive organisations – e.g. in a youth organisation such as AFS.