Associazione Culturale Link - Youth, Media, Intercultural and EU awareness
Associazione Culturale Link has been established in 2003 by a group of young people wishing to promote non formal education, intercultural learning activities and human rights education in the Region of Puglia. During the years the association has offered mobility opportunities to hundreds of young people, focussing on Youth in Action activities such as youth exchanges and European Voluntary Service. Link is since 2007 a hosting, sending and coordinating organization in the frame of Action 2 and offers a variety of activities for young people from all over Europe. Beside exchanges and EVS, Link is also involved, both as organizer and as co-promoter, in many other projects supported by the program: partnership building activities, training courses, feasibility visits am projects supporting innovation and quality in youth work. Link is also dealing with other European programs such as Europe for Citizens and Lifelong Learning Program, with the aim of offering also opportunities to better understand other cultures to young people and adults. At local level the main activities are: supporting young people searching for educational projects abroad, organizing information campaigns for young people and for adults, running creative workshops with pupils and with youth (including those for disadvantaged background), promoting projects of non-formal education in collaboration with schools and local associations, implementing workshops with disabled youngsters, promoting volunteering and giving support to informal groups and organizations interested in European programmes.
The project is open also to young people with less opportunity. Link has been dealing with target groups with special needs since many years and has put en emphasis on inclusion aspects of its activities. The team is experienced in working with young people with fewer opportunities and in special cases other external professionals can be recruited according to the needs of the volunteers. The staff of Link is prepared for hosting young people with less opportunities and constantly continues to gain competences and to search for new working methods through training courses on local and international level.
The volunteers will be engaged in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of the following activities:
1. information activities:
- meetings with students, associations, informal groups for promoting Youth in Action Programme and the European values; organizing information campaigns;
- running a weekly radio show with music and news about Europe and youth; interacting with other cultural and youth organizations from the local community; help in running a web radio own giornoed by the organization;
- creating a monthly pu l'blication on youth issues, working on the layout and on the contents with articles, interviews and pictures;
- updating regularly the organization’s website and projects specific blogs, as well as updating information on different social media (Facebook webpage, twitter, YouTube, etc.)
2. cultural events:
- organising thematic debates on topics of the interest of young people, with movies, intercultural evenings with music and food from different countries;
- creativity educational workshops; workshops for learning the local history or other subjects through games and manual activities, also including children and youth from disadvantaged background;
- workshops on environmental topics organised at local primary and upper secondary schools in Altamura or neighbour cities and workshops in cooperation with other local associations;
- inclusion workshops: by using non-formal education and different art techniques (painting, photography, video) in cooperation with local organizations, the association and the volunteers will run workshops and initiatives in the city with minorities, immigrants and disabled people, and summer camps;
- sport and outdoor activities and educational non formal programs about well being and healthy lifestyles;
3. international activities:
- the volunteers will help in the implementation of international projects, youth exchanges and seminars planned by the association during their project. In the international projects the volunteers will take care of documenting the activities and will act like facilitators for the participants integration (for example they will be responsible for “getting to know the city” activities, shooting a video and similar activities).
Read more about our project on the EVS database, click here
Auxilium Social Enterprise - Disability
Auxilium social enterprise was founded in 1984 in Altamura; it's a type A organization which operates in a range of sectors including psychiatric health, disability, the elderly, schooling, education/training and volunteering. Today Auxilium is composed of different centers:
1 Psychiatric Community in Altamura
2 Daily Centers (in Acquaviva delle Fonti and Altamura)
2 Group Apartments in Altamura
The Daily Center in Altamura is a therapeutic-rehabilitative center, active since 1998, which provides different activities for its users and their families. The staff also helps them to organize and implement:
- creative workshops and sensorial activities;
- outdoor and sport activities;
- discussion groups and socialization meetings;
- theater and music projects;
- artistic events and initiatives;
The Center is a very safe place in between the city and the backgroud of the users (family) which encourages life spaces, autonomy, new relationships and social activation. It's also a space for sharing experiences with the aim of offering, to its users, resources that can help them to gain or restore some abilities for improving their lives. The Center cooperates with other local organizations and institutions for implementing new projects and participating in the city life. The saff is always open to new innovative and experimental proposals and initiatives; this allows to develop new ideas and enlarge the type of activities proposed. The Center is opened from 8,30 to 16,30 monday - saturday. It can be open in other days or time to allow the users to participate in other local projects or special events. The Daily Center is located in Altamura, in the city center, easy to reach for users and other people. It is made of 2 floors and organized in several rooms for hosting different type of activities. The staff also provides transport and meals to the users. The Center hosts 22 people with psychiatric problems, aged between 18 and 65.
Read more about our project on the EVS database, click here